Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Good morning!

It's 7:56 a.m., and, after a trip to the doctor yesterday, it is the first night in at least week I haven't kept both of us awake with my coughing.  And I only had to get up to go to the bathroom once last night!  Hooray for a whole night's sleep!

It's a good thing, too, because I have so much to do today to get ready for Thanksgiving guests tomorrow.  My list includes:
* Figure out how I am going to set the table...and find the china...
* Make pies (it's a good thing I love to eat them, because I do not love to make them).
* Decide what to do with the box of winter clothes not yet in my closet that aren't going to fit me much longer anyway.
* Decide what to do with the box of maternity clothes in the basement (thank you, sisters and Andrea!) that don't fit me quite yet.
* Go boot shopping (because that is a priority right now...).
* Clean the whole house, in hopes that Justin and April stay with us for the weekend.
* Work out.  Just once.  Come on, you can do it!
* Make someone's Christmas gift.  Because starting homemade gifts in late November is the best way to keep the holidays stress-free?
* Go to Costco.
* Eat breakfast.

I actually really do need to eat breakfast--my stomach is growling, and I finally feel like drinking warm beverages again (tea, oh how I have missed you!) and have delicious, (fatty, sugary) chocolate-caramel coffee creamer in my fridge, calling my name.  Pretty loudly.  But instead I am sitting here hanging out on the internet.  I'm reading a few blogs--a new one I like so far here (suggested to me as a fashion blog, because I put the worst outfit together yesterday...and then went shopping and to the doctor and to dinner and to Bible study in it.  Yikes.), my favorite one of Dawn's here (if you are not reading this blog yet, you are behind the times, my friend)--and then imagining I have time to make something like this during the afternoon (you'll note it is not on the list, so I'm not optimistic).  It is really the opposite of being productive.

This entry is really random, but I am going to start trying to let a little less time elapse between posts.  That probably means a little more randomness.  Be prepared.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I want to go boot shopping with you!!!! Stupid to do list!

Missy said...

Umm, that's my to do list is stupid because it's preventing me from going boot shopping with you. Your to do list is not stupid... Clearly I need to just go get busy on my to do list....

Dawn said...

I'm so confused with all these Missys commenting...