Thursday, June 14, 2012

Take Your Baby to Work Day

Someone--usually Mike--has mentioned over the past few months that we need to just put a daycare center in the office this fall.  Kaylyn and I tested out that theory last week by bringing Henry and Jack into the office to visit everyone.  To say it was the highlight of my week was an understatement--it was so much fun to show Henry off to Team Simpson...and it was really, really nice to see everyone.  I am alarmed at how much I missed work as I drove away.

The classic baby swap.

Henry with Solara
Team Simpson with the babies
Henry and Mike--you know, politicians and babies...

Jack is about three weeks younger than Henry, and he makes Henry look extra long--so fun to meet him and hold his little self!  Mike noted that I clearly hadn't checked my blackberry in the past six weeks, since he'd emailed me the week before to tell me he would think of me while eating the (horrid) eggs at a breakfast we got to every month, and I had failed to respond.  I think he was a little alarmed that I had no idea what was going on in Congress, and suddenly it seemed weird that I didn't.  Oh well.  I know I'm lucky to have showered every day and happy to be able to go up and down the stairs without help.

Here's a little "before and after" fun:

Good (and large) times back in February.
After--and much better



Henry seemed to feel pretty comfortable at work--no surprise, since these are the voices he heard more than any others before he was born!  Kaylyn and I both go back to work in September...and I'm still waiting for them to establish that daycare center in the office so that Henry can tag along!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great recap! It was delightful to catch up with you by phone.