Thursday, January 26, 2006

Florida in January

Missy and I joined the geese in flying South for the weekend. We spent four beautiful, warm, sunny days in Clearwater, Florida -- introducing Missy to my grandparents (Small), and catching up with my dad and brother. We spent two days on the gulf coast beach, soaking up rays and searching for sand dollars and shells. I think we even came away with a slight tan (not shown in left photo)! We always traveled in a caravan -- in our rented Grand Prix, my brother's King Ranch truck, and my dad's rented mini-van.

We spent some time showing my grandparents the photos from the wedding, as well as parts of the video. They were unable to make the trip to Idaho in August. We also celebrated my dad's upcoming birthday with a night of steak at the Roadhouse restaurant. I think Missy thoroughly enjoyed her first visit to Florida, and might even be convinced to go back (I hear she's conspiring with the family ladies to head to Orlando in May).

2 comments:

Scott M. Collins said...

I haven't been to dozens of different beaches, but so far in my life Clearwater was easily the best.

Sometimes I forget Missy's a west-coaster. As a southerner, Florida was the place for summer vacations.

Amanda said...

Glad to hear you had a good trip. You'll have to tell me what you think of "My Sister's Keeper." Have a great week!