Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Update on Miracles

We had joy-inducing news about Grams yesterday, and I wanted to share it. Less than a week after the doctors said that there was almost no chance her spinal cord would heal from her Christmas Eve fall, she has feeling in her toes! I really like doctors and nurses (being related to quite a few myself), but I occasionally like it when they are wrong. :) Last night we were talking about ways that God "brings back the dead," and right now I am overflowing with that truth--both watching Him literally bring her back physically one step at a time and also experiencing the way He brings life to my soul, awakening hope and faith and passion so that I am alive like never before. Can we all just jump for joy together and whoop? On three now...

On a less miraculous (but nonetheless unexplained) note, why is it so warm outside? It was 65 yesterday, here in Washington in January. The radio djs kept telling us to "enjoy the weather." What? Put on shorts and go fly a kite? I am supposed to be curled up with sweaters and hot tea on the couch, perfectly content with windows between me and the snow. If it does not get back to normal frigid temperatures soon, all of nature--including me!--will start instinctually transforming into springish creatures and our sap will rise too high to go back to winter contentment...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

MJ-S, the blog looks great! I enjoyed the links and reading list this morning. You are one smart cookie. Have a happy, warm Tuesday!

Scott M. Collins said...

Great to hear about your Grams!!

We're changing servers so I may be down for a day or two. After that, a new picture of Jake on his new bike (he can't reach the peddles so dad gets to bend over and push him everywhere.

Unknown said...

MJ/S - Great news about your grandma! Been thinking of you and your fam lately.

J.R. said...

Missy, that is wonderful news about your grandma! We have been praying for her. I know what you mean about the weather, we have heard so much about how cold it gets here, but other then a two week period of 10 degree temps, it has been in the upper 40's to mid 50's all winter.

Maybe you could ask Mr. Bush to work on this global warming thing...

*sticks out tongue*

JUST KIDDING!