Monday, February 20, 2006

Why Reunions Should Happen in the Winter.


Jason was chastising me for having so many good pictures on my camera that have not been blogged! I find that I have spent about every long weekend since we got married "rearranging" things in our spare room closet, in hopes that if the boxes are all just so I wil be able to fit more in there. I have actually had a little success this weekend, and now, for the first time since moving in here, I have a clean desk. Perfect from which to blog.

Anyway. Last weekend Winter moved back in as a blizzard. I welcomed him in New York City, where I and three of my Oxford friends traipsed through over two feet of snow on our way to diners...and coffee shops...and restaurants...and pubs as we settled in for what turned out to be a long weekend of conversation. Five years after we spent 3 months living in close, Victorian quarters while studying abroad, they can still ask just the right questions and gently pull at all the right corks and stoppers to get my soul pouring out. Can it be possible that I hadn't seen them since 2002? What an amazing time we had!

The biggest treat was the extra day we all had, as we literally got snowed in in NYC. Though the trip back to DC was a nightmare, it was WELL worth it for the extra time...and laughs...and topics to discuss...

1 comment:

Scott M. Collins said...

What a treat! Sounds like something we'll have to get around to doing some day.