Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bread and Chocolate


Galaxy
Originally uploaded by jmsmall2005.

Whew! We made it successfully through phase one of the South Beach Diet. At 4:00 yesterday I dug to the back of my desk and quickly devoured the last little bar of Galaxy chocolate I'd brought back from London for my colleagues (I'd been saving it for two weeks!). Mmmmm... Then Solara and I went out and ate way, way, WAY too much Lebanese food to celebrate (Jason's in Libya, so he celebrated with airplane food).

I just about typed "Really, it hasn't been so bad," but that is because I got to eat oatmeal for breakfast today. A week ago it was all I could do to eat another vegetable or egg! But now we both slightly leaner and have a fridge of nice veggies and brown bread. If you remember, I don't always eat healthily when Jason is gone, but I've learned lots and lots about self-control this week, so we'll see how it goes....

It will be a pretty quiet weekend around here with no Jason--maybe a little of this and this or some of this. At least there's no more house hunting on Saturdays! And only one more week of school...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can we go to Tryst the next time I come out? Have a great week!

Andrea said...

I want to come over & watch anne with you! andrea