Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Finish Line

It wasn't pretty, but we pulled it off--each one of us crossed the finish line for the Y-Not-Triathlon in one piece! Casey and Kim decided to join us (they were annoyingly in shape, even without weeks of training), and I think Dad and Adam got a kick out of following us all around with the video camera, in spite of the fact that it was only 60 degrees outside and rained the whole time (rain in Boise in August?!?).
The swimming was definitely the worst part, and that actually made the whole thing better--all six of the bike miles and 2 of the run miles I kept thinking, "Hey, the swim is over!" Plus, now we know what to expect for next time. And I suspect there will be a next time, we really did have fun. Maybe next time around Cole will join us--after he had cheered us all across the finish line, he kept asking me if I would cheer for him while he ran around my bike.

No comments: