Thursday, August 13, 2009

In His Thirties

Jason bravely hopped a flight with his crutches and cast and joined me in Idaho to spend his 30th birthday on Monday at the cabin. It was a nice day, complete with a trip to Ice Cream Alley, a big steak dinner, and a stirring rendition of "Happy Birthday" by the Colester.

In case you haven't noticed, Jason and I have completely different philosophies on birthday celebrations. He prefers them nice and quiet (well, as quiet as they can be with our three favorite nephews around!), while I like them to go on forever. He did get a few more gifts when we got home--in particular, a wok so that he can really master Thai cookingwhen he's able to stand on two feet again. (Although, let's be honest, I think that is as much a gift for me as it is for him!)

Happy birthday, Jason! I'm really looking forward to the next thirty years together!

No comments: