Friday, February 25, 2011

Playoffs!

Tonight was a night of many firsts in my Kettler Capital Iceplex Lower C hockey playing career:

  • My team - Redrum - finished first place (among 8 teams) in the regular season, giving us first place seed in the single-elimination playoffs.

  • I played my first hockey playoff game (I always seemed to be traveling during playoffs in previous seasons, and of course there was the dreadful season-ending ankle injury of 2009).

  • We won our first playoff game -- 9 to 1.

  • I contributed to the win with a goal-- a first in my playoff history.

  • My team advances to the second-round of the playoffs (next Friday, 9:30 pm) for the first-time ever. (Sorry, but due to league regulations, our games are not broadcast, you must come and watch in person!)

No comments: