Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Best Day Ever.

Here are five things I loved about what quickly became known as the Best Day Ever:

1. The giddiness in Shaanti and Jenny's voices when they marveled at how easy it was to shop, shop, shop without (most of) their energetic boys in tow (we took Kade along so that we'd have someone to coo at);

2. How tan my mom's feet look in the picture of our pretty new pedicures (wonder which one of us spent two weeks in Hawaii this spring?);


3. Having the opinions of the people I trust most while swim suit shopping (yikes!);

4. Prawns and halibut chunks at the Stagecoach--the ultimate "special occasion" dining experience for the Johnson family;


5. Staying at the mall...and then the restaurant...and then Target as long as we wanted to (or until they kicked us out), with no pressing engagements or responsibilities weighing on us.

The only thing not to love was the absence of Kim, who would have rounded out our Johnson Girl Day Out experience perfectly. So, so fun.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I want to break out in "Sisters ... sisters ..." (from White Christmas) after I read your post.

Meet the Bucher's said...

I agree with Amanda!

Andrea said...

oh someday I will be able to do this too with my sisters! so happy you got to do this with your mom & sisters...