Friday, April 06, 2012

Une fête pour bébé Small

We had another wonderful time celebrating this little guy's pending arrival last weekend.  My friends magically created a French boulangerie, and we spent the afternoon eating absolutely delicious food and laughing together.  I'm posting a million pictures because it was so délicieux.  It was a fun mix of people, what with my good friends from church, the girls from work, grad school pal Becky, and Dawn, of course.  To make it extra special, George and Lynda came for the weekend so that she could come to the shower, and Steven, Amy, and Hudson drove up from NC (um, I think we owe them three trips to NC now).  It meant the world to me to have them all there--what a treat!

A French welcome
The set up
Dawn's awesome shower game.
Take-home madelines
Need I say more?
\
Words cannot express how good Dawn's fruit tarts were.
The girls could not have thrown a more perfect shower--one of my coworkers turned to me about halfway through the shower and said, "This is so you--it's like exactly what you would have picked!"  Absolutely--from the yellow to the French theme to the chocolate croissants and Dawn's unbelievable fruit tart.  (Can I just reiterate how good the food was?  I'm looking at the above picture right now and seriously regretting that I was too full for a chocolate covered strawberry.)  And to celebrate with such dear friends!  I loved every minute of it!

Missy, Kaytie, Kathryn, and me
The fantastic hosts--Missy, Deanna, Tilly, Maria, and Dawn
With classic model lips

Amy, Kathryn, Megan, Missy and Kaytie (there are a LOT of pregnant ladies in my life right now...)

Kaylyn, Jeni, and Solara--I think here we are laughing at how Solara wants one of those activity mats at work.

Amy and me.
Jason and I also loved having a little bit of time with his parents, who took of Sunday to visit a friend in Pennsylvania.  George built us a beautiful changing table, which he and Jason painted while Lynda and I partied (pictures coming, once it is not stacked with hockey gear, light fixtures, etc.).  It was really good to see them!
Lynda and I, with our matching haircuts!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

love the dress :) beautiful party...

Dawn said...

I love that I don't need an introduction-- just an "of course." I was happy to help and glad it turned out so well!