Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Week with Shaanti and Kade!

Finally, at the end of July, the week I'd been anticipating for months arrived--Shaanti and Kade arrived to spend a whole week with us!  Their family had spent the week in Myrtle Beach with Adam's grandparents and family, and, since Granny and Papa offered to take the other boys up to the cabin for the week, Shaanti and Kade extended their east coast trip and hung out with us.

Enjoying frozen custard at the Dairy Godmother
The boys all ready for a walk.  I love this picture--Kade looks like he's so bored with this, while Henry looks very unsure about being stuffed into a jogging stroller!
We had SUCH a good time.  We didn't do a single tourist activity--never even went into DC, in fact--but just hung out and did "normal" things.  We went to the farmer's market.  We shopped at Ikea.  We had Korean food.  We went on long walks on the path by my house.  We had lunch at la Madeline, where we talked while both our children fussed and cried.  We watched season two of Downton Abbey...and then watched the last episode again.  We went to the mall.  We ate peach cobbler and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  We fell asleep trying to watch the USA girls gymnastics team take gold.  I took Shaanti to Trader Joe's for the first time, and we spent the rest of the week with unnecessary and delicious snacks.

Enjoying Korean Bulgogi--Shaanti's number one request!

Facetiming with Cole and Mason at home
A nice stop on our daily walk!

Snuggling with Aunt Shaanti

Being home with Henry has been an adjustment, and I have missed my sisters even more than I have for the past decade.  It was so wonderful to spend a whole week just hanging out with one of the people with whom I've wished I was hanging out for the past few months!  Her visits are few and far between and I was so sad to see them go, so it was a good thing we were headed to Idaho just a few days later!

1 comment:

Meet the Bucher's said...

LOVE it! I'm going to be posting most of those same pics... when I get to it:-)