Thursday, August 30, 2012

Henry at Four Months

Dear Henry,

Man, this past month has flown by...and not only because it has literally been a week since I posted about you at three months!  For the past year or so, I have been hearing people say, "Oh, enjoy it, it goes so fast."  Suddenly I know what they mean.  While I will confess that the first couple of months of your life went very slowly (I went into work last week and the calendar was still set at April--April!  It seems like a year ago!), your fourth month has completely disappeared...poof!


At your four month appointment, you weighed 14 pounds 14.5 ounces (50 percentile--and yet I keep stressing about your weight!) and were 26.5 inches long (a whopping 95 percentile!).  You seem like a regular big boy now, sitting in your Bumbo and looking like one of the best dressed babies in the church nursery, now that Daddy has finally conceded to let you go.  You are now an excellent napper, and we are in a nice routine...which unfortunately still includes at least one "my binky fell out!" wake-up call around 4 am.  Generally, though, we can't complain--last week you reminded us how glad we are to be out of the newborn phase when you cried from 4:15 until 6!


You and I have hit our stride in the past month.  I was telling Daddy the other day how much I love being with you all day and how I even miss you while you're sleeping (but please keep taking long naps in the afternoon!).  You love to smile, you are a jabber-mouth, and you are constantly, constantly moving.  For now, I'm relieved that your movement is still confined to the blanket on the floor, since I can only imagine the joy on your face--and the chaos in our house--when you are actually mobile!  (We've already invested in quality baby gates...)


 
It seems like every day Daddy and I are marveling at some new trick you've shown us.  This month you've rolled over (kind of accidentally, but you're starting to seem more serious about it), let out a couple of giggles, started to insist on standing on our laps, and discovered how to splish splash while you are taking a bath (we all need towels when you're done!).

We also discovered the cause of the mysterious fussy afternoon feeding:  teeth!  This is one milestone that I did not celebrate!  Still, apart from some painful (for both of us!) scream-through-your-feeding times, you've handled the growing of teeth quite well.  Seriously though, kid, while those two little teeth look cute on you, let's take a long break before growing the next ones!



I have a sneaking suspicion I am going to love month five even more than I did month four...

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Love him! It does go by fast and before you know it you'll be blogging about Henry's first day of school!!! Love his adorable smile and miss you guys!