Thursday, March 05, 2009

Scoring One for Green

The final night of the six-week ice hockey drills class climaxes with a full 90 minute scrimmage - the most highly anticipated session -- and quite a step up from the 30-minute scrimmages we normally do.

My first go out on the ice was exhilarating. I played right wing and pulled up on the right side of the net just as a sweet cross-ice pass slid my way. I one-timed it for a goal -- putting the green team up 1-0 in the first minutes of the game. The momentum surged from that point, and by night's end, we destroyed the blue team by a final score of 9-1. What a game!

It is hard to believe that less than one-year ago I decided to get out on the ice for the first time and learn basic hockey skating lessons. I still surprise myself each week when I strap on the pads! I can't wait for the next six weeks!

1 comment:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Too bad you guys couldn't have come out for the Bunn President's Day weekend get together, we had a couple great games of ice hockey. But then, you really would have shown all of us up so it may be better that you weren't there:-) Just kidding, maybe next year!
Congrats on scoring a goal!