Monday, March 02, 2009

March Comes in Like a...Polar Bear?

This is the view from our house this morning. I absolutely love snow...in December or January, even February. But NOT IN MARCH. Unbelievable. On Friday, when it was 61 outside, I started jabbering to Jason about how we should get out and do some weeding around our tulips from Amsterdam (which are peeking out of their bed). This morning we have five inches of snow and counting. Un.Be.Lievable.

One nice thing about the snow is that we are not going in to work until nine this morning, even though we got up and dressed as though we were leaving at 7:45. That means a little time to drink tea and blog before heading back into the "hot zone" that is work these days. As Jason-the-Blogger aluded to recently, I have been basically living at the office the past few weeks. Mom called me on Friday night when I was still at work and jokingly (I hope) suggested that I am a workaholic. Ha. There is not a workaholic bone in my body! It's just that there are so many hearings to prepare for and meetings to take a constituent letters to respond to and tops of desks to find... There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though--today (if we ever make it into work) we have a new staffer starting, and I'm already feeling much better about my day!

In other news, we are inching closer and closer to finishing our big basement project, which is very exciting. Mom was here last weekend, which was fabulous as always--we ate at Chili's and went early-birthday shopping and generally had a good time. This past Saturday we went to the Melting Pot with some friends, where we consumed copious amounts of cheese and chocolate. And I'm really hoping that school is cancelled tonight because of the snow (which would make snow in March all worth it)--even though it looks like grad school might be redeeming itself this semester (more on that later).

Whew! I think I'm all caught up! If it IS going to snow, at least I have been able to make a reappearance on the blog!

2 comments:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Yesterday I saw a news reporter reporting from D.C. and there were huge snowflakes falling all around her. I wondered if things were shut down. Well, I start back to work next Wed so I'll call you on my way! Post some pics of the basement when you have a chance too!

Jenny said...

Seriously! That looks horrible! I mean, we've gotten a little colder and rainy here (that being the mid to high 40s). But a 5" snow storm in March? That's one thing about late late winter...its still winter. I guess I figure as long as the snow officially ends by the first day of spring, all's fair. Anyway, I agree with Shaant. Post those basement pics as soon as you have some good ones!