Friday, May 15, 2009

Hockey

Welcome to our lives lately. While we were crushed to see the Caps lose in game seven earlier this week, I have to confess I felt a bit relieved at having my life back. The Caps have had so many games go into overtime that we have basically devoted every other evening to watching hockey for the past few weeks.

And then there are Friday nights. Jason has joined a hockey league that plays late on Friday nights. Friday night hockey games have transformed our weekends, which used to start with me working late and then falling asleep on the couch while we ate whatever Jason made for dinner. Now we get home, run some errands (i.e. the weekly trip to Home Depot), do a little gardening, etc., eat dinner, and hang out for a while before he gets geared up to get on the ice. Jason, who has always been an early morning person, comes home at midnight revved up from his game (especially if he scores, like he did last week!). And I have gotten reacquainted with my college/pre-marriage self, who loved staying up late and puttering around on Friday nights. It is like our weekends have gotten a few hours longer.

And, as if this much hockey wasn't enough, we are now lazily sitting in our office at our respective computers, and while I type this blog entry, Jason is playing hockey on his computer.

No comments: