Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thai Deliciousness

Our friends Steven and Amy spent the last two years in Thailand doing mission work, and they brought home with them a wealth of knowledge and experience...and some mad Thai cooking skills, which they shared with us tonight. It was definitely the highlight of the month. They gave us a tour of all their favorite dishes--spring rolls, green papaya salad, pad thai, cashew chicken, basil pork, green curry chicken (my favorite, I could eat it all day), sweet and sour chicken, and banana spring rolls with coconut ice cream. Needless to say, they were cooking all night, and we felt spoiled rotten. Ah. Maze. Ing.
Shaanti got me a Thai cookbook for my birthday, and I've been reading it (yes, I read cookbooks, and yes, usually from cover to cover) and feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the strange ingredients. So it was especially fun to go into Amy's kitchen and get a tour of all the things I'd been reading about--lime leaves and lemongrass and dinosaur eggplants. She's figured out where to find all this stuff, and I'm feeling a bit braver...and like I am definitely going to have to get her recipe for green curry chicken!

1 comment:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Hope the cookbook is a good one. I'd love the green curry chicken recipe if you get it from her! Sounds like a delicioso meal:-)