Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursdays

For some reason lately, Thursday night has become one of my favorite times of the week. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the busiest, most stressful day of the week has migrated from Wednesday to Tuesday (you can think all you want of the majority party's policies, but their scheduling tactics really suck), making the week seem unbearably long. For the past two weeks, I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to convince myself that it is not Thursday, only Wednesday (or, heaven forbid, only Tuesday!).

But it IS Thursday now, and lately votes have been cancelled on Fridays, which means that I can leave my desk at a decent time and go to kickboxing (mmm, love). And even though The Office is over for the season (and, really, around here we are relieved that it is rerun season, as we've been watching WAY too much TV this year), Thursday nights have an extra sort of umph to them. Sometimes we watch a whole movie. Other times we sit at the dinner table and talk in a lazy, drawn out fashion, as if we have hours to kill. Nights like tonight we sit at our computers and make playlists on iTunes named "grooves" and buy the music we like to listen to in the shower in the morning (and by we, I mean me. Jason doesn't like morning music. I know. But he's a pretty good guy otherwise.).

Inevitably we stay up way later than we should--just because we can--and then sleep in on Friday mornings. In the morning the alarm will go off and the sun will shine through the slit in the blinds and I will roll over and go back to sleep, then leave 90 minutes later than I did yesterday and still get to work on time, where I will listen to "grooves" while I drink my Friday afternoon milkshake (tasty) and respond to constituent mail. It will be so incredibly awesome.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

A lazy thursday. Hmm. sounds like something I'd love to be a part of. And sleeping in on friday? yes, count me in!