Friday, May 11, 2012

Henry at Home

It's been a week now since we brought Henry, screaming bloody murder, home from the hospital.  We've gotten to know him a bit since then.  It turns out he likes to be on the move (totally calmed down in the car once we pulled out of the hospital drive), which is good for a member of this family.  He has long fingers, which means we are probably going to have to buy a piano someday.  He has little tufts of hair on the back of his ears that make him look like an elf (sadly, these are going away).  He startles easily, just like his dad, and he is very serious about eating when he is hungry, just like his mom.  Not to overdo the quotes from Anne of Green Gables, etc., but I totally empathize with the line written by Anne's mother:  "I love her best when she is asleep and better still when she is awake."



Bolstered by my mom's encouragement and Jason's sense of adventure, we've had a few little adventures out of the house.  We had lunch at Red Robin the other day, and yesterday Jason and I took Henry out in the maiden voyage of his new stroller (for the record, since stressing about the stroller took at least two months of the winter, the three-block test drive of the Bumbleride elicited approval from all three of us).  Today Jason and Henry hung out for a bit while Mom and I ran "into town," as we say in Idaho.  And tomorrow we are going to meet our new friend Nora Katherine Gambill, who arrived this morning--how fun!



Anyway, I know the pictures are better than the text, but that is a flavor of life here, outside of (seemingly endless) feedings, diaper changes (it's like he holds it in until we've just finished changing him), and waking up in the middle of the night, just to listen to him breathe (and feed him, and change him). 

4 comments:

Jason and Jackie said...

I certainly don't mind the Anne of Green Gables references, and, since reading your latest posts, I've been poring over all of Jonathan's newborn pictures. You look fantastic Missy. Motherhood definitely suits you. I'm glad you're getting out. I was so anxious that we didn't get out much for the first 6 weeks. If I get to do this again, I won't be such a nervous Nellie. Enjoy. We're almost two years into it, and I still stand over his crib and listen to him breathe. Happy Mother's Day! :o)

RaChelle and Paul said...

Welcome baby Henry. So happy for your little family of three! Life has changed - and it is good (and a nap always makes it a little better)!:)

Alison said...

What a darling little guy! Glad to hear you are getting up and out--nothing like a trip to RR to get back into the swing of things :)

Amanda said...

Red Robin was one of Cash's very first places, too!! I'm so glad you like the Bumbleride:)